WhatsApp now boasts more than 1 billion users, who use the app to exchange messages, share pictures, videos, location information, and other data with their friends and family members. Since they are receiving a large number of photographs from their contacts, many are looking for methods to prevent WhatsApp from storing photos to the gallery. When you give over your phone to someone, keep in mind that there may be private or other personal pictures on it that you do not want others to view.
Although you may prevent WhatsApp from automatically uploading pictures and videos, when a user sees them on WhatsApp, they will still show in the Gallery of the program. In order to prevent this, you may even hide WhatsApp photo from the Gallery or Camera Roll on your Android and iPhone devices, respectively.
Stop WhatsApp Media From Saving To Camera Roll
How to Stop Whatsapp From Saving Photos iPhone
- To access WhatsApp’s settings, go to the menu bar and choose Settings.
- Now choose Chats from the drop-down menu and search for the Save to Camera Roll option.
- Now, to turn off the setting, press the toggle button on the right.
This will prevent all of the pictures from being shown in the Camera Roll of your iPhone when you use this method.
How to Stop Whatsapp From Saving Photos Android
Following the installation of the WhatsApp application from the Google Play Store, follow the procedures outlined below.
You have the option of changing either the default settings that will be applied to all of your WhatsApp conversations or the specific settings that will be applied to each individual discussion.
Change the default settings on your computer.
- To access the Settings menu in WhatsApp, press the three dots at the top of the screen.
- Chats may be found under Settings.
- You should see an option labeled “Media Visibility” in this section. This is turned on by default, but you may turn it off if you want.
From now on, all of the received media from all of the Chats will be stored exclusively in WhatsApp and will not appear in your phone’s Gallery. Previously received pictures and videos will remain in their original locations, and the setting will only be applied to freshly downloaded material in the future.
You may also adjust the option on a per-chat basis, which is very useful.
Set Media Visibility For Individual Chats
The choice you choose above becomes the default option for all of the conversations you participate in. However, there are always exceptions to the rule. It is possible that you may wish to display media from certain connections in your Gallery, or vice versa. That is something you can do as well. Here’s how to do it.
- In WhatsApp, go to the chat of the desired contact or group and pick that conversation.
- To access the Contact/Group Info screen, choose the name at the top of the screen.
- Select Media Visibility from the drop-down menu.
- To save changes, choose the appropriate choice and press the OK button.
Similarly, you may do the same for any additional connections you may have.
We get a plethora of pictures and movies on WhatsApp that do not belong in our phone’s Gallery, where they will be visible to everyone. You may make advantage of the Media Visibility function to take care of this for you if you want.
Stop WhatsApp From Saving Media Files Automatically
As previously stated, WhatsApp also provides the option to prohibit photos and videos from being automatically saved. If you are unaware of this option, we have provided the methods to prevent WhatsApp from automatically downloading pictures, videos, and other file types on both Android and iPhone devices in this article.
Stop Whatsapp From Saving Photos On Android
- On Android, go to the Settings menu in WhatsApp.
- After that, choose Storage and Data. Under the Media Auto-Download area, you will discover a number of various choices, including: When utilizing mobile data, it is important to be aware of your surroundings. When you’re connected through Wi-Fi, When you’re out and about.
- You may customize each of them individually by selecting various settings for each of them. For the time being, let’s choose When utilizing mobile data.
- Remove all of the choices except for Photos from the list.
- To save the changes, choose OK from the drop-down menu.
It is entirely up to you what kind of material you wish to have downloaded automatically. You have the ability to customize the settings to your preferences.
Additionally, you may disable auto-saving while connected to Wi-Fi as well as when you are on a roaming connection.
Stop Whatsapp From Saving Photos On iPhone
- Go to the Settings tab in WhatsApp, which is located at the bottom right of the screen.
- Select Storage and Data from the drop-down menu.
- Under the Media Auto-Download area, you will be able to customize the options for the various sorts of media, including photos, audio, videos, and documents, among others.
- For the sake of this lesson, let’s choose Photos from the list.
- To cancel the auto-download, choose Never from the drop-down menu.
You may repeat the process for other file formats as well.
This means that the next time you get a picture or video, it will not begin downloading until you touch on it to begin the download process.
If you make a lot of WhatsApp calls, you may reduce your data usage on that app as well. Please follow the steps outlined here.
I hope the techniques listed above assisted Android and iPhone users to stop WhatsApp from storing photos to their Gallery or Camera Roll, as well as to deactivate automatic media downloads. If you are experiencing a similar problem with the backup, please see our article on how to disable WhatsApp backup.
Please let us know if you have any difficulties when completing the procedures outlined above in the comments section.