If you use WhatsApp on a daily basis,, chances are that one of your contacts has the login status next to their name. Though this is by default an online presence on a person’s profile and it can easily be changed for those who don’t want other people seeing what they’re doing at any given moment though not all will know how!
WhatsApp online status
The WhatsApp online status allows users to see if their contacts are active on the platform and whether they’re currently using it app.
When you’re on WhatsApp, it doesn’t mean that they’ve seen your message in fact, the only way to know for sure whether anyone has seen what’s inside of one of these messages is through blue checkmarks next to them. “Online” refers not just how often someone uses this app but also means their internet connection works perfectly so they can get back online quickly if necessary!
If you don’t want your WhatsApp contacts to see your “last seen” or “online” status, you can easily hide it from everyone or make it public only to your contacts in the app’s settings.
Note: You won’t be able to see other people’s statuses if you hide your own WhatsApp online status.
How to hide your WhatsApp online status
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone or Android.
- Choose “Settings” from the bottom-of-the-screen menu.
- Select “Account” from the Settings menu.
- Find and select “Privacy” on the Account page.
- To alter your online status, tap “Last Seen.”
- You have two choices for hiding your online or “Last Seen” status: you may pick whether only “My Contacts” or “Nobody” can view your status.
- Depending on your choice, your online or “Last Seen” status will be available to only your contacts or no one at all.
You may also make your profile photo, about page, and whatsapp online status invisible. The last option is to turn off read receipts. Disabling read receipts is reciprocal, much like your online status. You won’t be able to see receipts from other people if you disable yours.